Hi, I’m Patrik!
I was born in Göteborg, Sweden in 1981, and have since then cultivated an interest for free software, and nowadays label myself as a software engineer(d).
Let me define some ground rules for this site:
- The comment field is moderated by me. If you submit comments which are any of the following, but not limited to, disrespectful, threatening, or generally not cool, I reserve the full rights to send the comment to /dev/null (comment hell), OR, given the circumstances, forwarding them to the nearest police. I have not have any problems with this before, and I don’t expect any either, but for the continued happiness of all, please stay civil.
- Everyone is responsible for their own comments and the opinions behind these comments. I may censor differing opinions, and I may not. The existance of a comment in my blog should not be understood as an endorsement of said comment.
- Everything I publish here (i.e. blog posts and comments authored by me) should be understood as the view of me, the private citizen, Patrik. My views are my own, and not those of my employer.
Finally, a little more about the contents of the blog. When you read the contents there are a few things you should have in mind:
- I’m human
- Humans tend to make mistakes
- I am opinionated
- Although I have a bachelor in applied IT (Software Engineering and Management) this doesn’t necessarily mean I know anything
- I’m a happy amateur
In other words, when reading my posts, treat them just like you would (should) to anything else you read on the internets, with a healthy dose of scepticism.
Most of the time, my posts will not contain any expertise in the domain, only things which have worked for me. Your mileage may vary.
I will at times make generalizations, but will always try my darndest to never outright lie or intentionally mislead.
If something completely wrong finds its way into a post of mine, please make me aware of it so that I can rectify the problem.
I think that’s about it.